The profile of tomorrow’s Managed Service Provider is likely to continue to morph itself as the appetite to outsource non-core competencies continues to gain momentum. Today’s business leaders know they need to be leaner and meaner than ever; especially SMBs, a segment that most MSPs are focusing on right now.
As their customer’s needs change, so will the stack of services MSPs will offer to meet the demand for new technologies, products and services to grow their recurring revenues. Some call it “winning more wallet share” through traditional and nontraditional offerings that solve business problems.
If you own the network, why not include printers and consumables in your stack of services as well? Advancements in remote monitoring and supplies fulfilment now make it easier than ever to deliver Managed Print Services under your company brand.
Here are 6 reasons why MSPs added Managed Print Services to their stack in 2015:
- Lucrative Margins - Most Managed Print Providers are making 30% to 50% gross margins each and every month. You receive a wholesale cost-per-page that includes everything you and your customer need to print in black and white and color.
- Recurring Revenue - Most Managed Print agreements are for a three year term with auto renewal options to extend the customer’s commitment.
- Same Buyer - Over 70% of Managed Print agreements are either initiated, or approved, by the IT leader in SMB accounts. Printing is perceived by most IT leaders as the bane of computing.
- Account Protection - The more end points you manage, the stickier you are with the customer.
- Account Acquisition - Some MSPs do not offer Managed Print Services, making it a vulnerability you can capitalize on as a point of entry.
- Turn Key Infrastructure - You simply sell the Managed Print Service and your customers will receive the products, service and support with little to no effort on your part.
Whether you’re an IT VAR, an MSP or a CSP, you are probably looking for creative ways to scale your business and grow your recurring revenues. For many of the larger MSPs in North America, Managed Print Services has been proven to strengthen their value proposition and their bottom line with nominal effort.