If you haven’t quoted an MPS deal that included remanufactured printers yet – you’re not alone. Talking to as many MPS providers as we do, it’s nice to be able to help you and your business get in on the latest shortcut to fleet profitability next to the explosive growth we’re seeing with our new Delta E aftermarket color toner series.
Before we get started with the information you need to know, here’s a common definition of what a remanufactured printer is:
“A remanufactured printer is a print device (normally laser) that has been restored to its original condition and performance capabilities. All necessary parts and components are repaired or replaced to “like new” standards before undergoing stringent testing and quality assurance checks. All customer facing panels are thoroughly cleaned or painted to offer the appearance of a “new” printer. Most remanufactured products are fully supported with a replacement guarantee to ensure satisfaction at the dealer and end user levels.”
Although the definition and quality of the remanufactured printers may vary, the benefits of including them within your MPS strategy remain consistent.
Here’s why many of North America’s top MPS providers have already jumped on the on the remanufactured printer band wagon!
- The Environment – over 85% of printer components can be recycled and this can lead to a very compelling value proposition for sustainability driven prospects and tenders positioned as part of a “Greener Print Strategy”.
- MPS Profitability – most of the top MPS providers in the country would agree a remanufactured printer (ex HP 4000 series) running an aftermarket cartridge like Max-Life Cartridges could be the most profitable combination on the planet. Next time your prospect tells you that your cost per page is too high, remember what you just read here and give us the chance to help you win.
- Full Warranty – your customers may ask for product warranties but normally that falls on your shoulders when you bill an all included cost per page in mono or color. The good news is that each of our remanufactured printers comes with a full warrantee so you and your customer are covered.
- Parts & Service Availability – you know the aftermarket industry tries hard to keep up with the latest OEM product and consumable releases, but have you ever thought about your poor technicians? Perhaps the biggest benefit is the comfort level in knowing there are plenty of parts available on previously enjoyed models. Plus, you’re service personnel or 3rd party service providers tend to be very proficient working on many of the popular models now remanufactured. If you look into the remanufactured models we provide LMI dealers, you’ll quickly see that those problematic models that didn’t perform in the field didn’t make the cut for obvious reasons.
- Consumable Selection – just like the vast availability of parts for remanufactured models, you should expect the same readiness when it comes to fulfilling consumable orders. No stock outs, no waiting for another boat to cross the ocean, no more apologizing to customers. From a toner manufacturer’s perspective, the HP 4000 Series continues to be the most demanded line of toner cartridges even though those models have long left the showroom floor.
- Fleet Consistency – imagine a world where every printer your customer walks up to has the same user interface. The same paper access areas and the identical cartridge for them to store and you to ship. You get the picture? Less end user confusion, simplified inventory for them, and a whole lot less work for you. For those MPS clients who place a value on end user productivity, the opportunity to offer staff the same device at all locations can be extremely compelling.
- Ink Jet Replacement – if you’ve sold managed print services for more than a month, you’ve already figured out that you need a replacement strategy to unhook those nasty ink jet printers form the arms of end users claiming they need their own device. One dealer told us if you filled the gas tank on your car with ink jet liquid toner it would cost over $30,000. Yes, that’s right there were four zeros in that number. So the question becomes, what will be your strategy to replace the next profit eating ink jet that shows up on your print assessment? With the new low cost of remanufactured, field proven laser printers, now you can afford to bundle in an upgrade and start enjoying the benefits listed above.
Did you know LMI now offers Remanufactured Printers? Yes, we admit this is a shameless plug at the end of such an informative blog, but why keep something so good for your MPS business a secret? Take a moment to familiarize yourself with our full line of performance guaranteed remanufactured printers.
Preview this video to learn about our line of top quality refurbished printers!
Do you have a blog topic you’d like us to comment on? Share it with us and we will reward you with 20% off your first order or our new DELTA-E Color Toner Series!