IT service providers are transitioning from a break-fix service model (where they respond when there is an IT problem) to a cost-per-seat or user license. This shift from being reactive to proactive helps them improve service levels with new monitoring software that detects problems before the client is aware and (perhaps the best part) helps them create predictable recurring revenue streams that improve their cash flow and grow the value of their business.
5 Popular Reasons Why IT Service Providers are Getting Into Managed Print
- Market Demand – recent studies by the consulting firm Photizo Group indicate that 72% of small to medium-sized businesses have no managed print program. This spells immense opportunity for more IT value-added resellers (VARs) and other IT service providers that live in the SMB space. While many of the so called “large enterprise” accounts may be under some form of MPS program, our experience suggests that there’s more opportunity for local providers and higher margins in the SMB marketplace.
- Account Protection – recent studies indicated that there could be as many as 80,000 IT service providers now operating in the United States, offering their own spin on responsive and proactive IT support. But there are new competitors now speaking to their IT decision makers. These are sales reps representing imaging dealers crossing the chasm from selling copiers and managed print, now offering managed IT services. Because of this, many IT service providers now offer managed print services as a means of keeping other providers out of their marquee accounts.
- Easy to Bundle – with the growing popularity of managed IT services now being offered on a cost-per-seat or user basis, it’s also becoming easy to add office printing to your stack of IT services. Office printing has always been a low value annoyance for IT professionals so the thought of eliminating the burden from help desks to desk-side support may be popular for your clients. Contact us to help you create a simple cost-per-seat or a cost-per-impression model for your clients!
- Infrastructure can be outsourced – most IT providers want to focus on their core competency – not shipping toner cartridges and managing inventory. Recent advancements in monitoring technology and fulfillment methodologies (for print consumables and on-site service) allow progressive IT service providers to brand their own managed print program and let the MPS experts do what they do best. The IT service provider retains the customer as their own and has full visibility into account activities and opportunities to expand their footprint with managed print.
- Differentiation – if you placed most IT service providers’ stack of services beside each other, it may be hard for an uninfluenced IT buyer to distinguish vendors beyond price. Adding managed print to your service stack provides your clients with vendor simplification, less invoices and even more accountability vs. another IT provider that may not offer managed print services.
If you’re an IT services provider looking to expand within your current accounts or attract new recurring revenues from existing or new customers, maybe now is the time to consider a RISK FREE cost-per-image managed print program. All you need to do is sell it and collect the profits every month while your teammates at LMI Solutions deliver the products, service and support under your brand or label. Some call it easy money. We call it PageTrac CPI.
Click to learn more about your potential as our partner with the 2014 LMI News!