At LMI Solutions, we enjoy the opportunity to see what hundreds of Managed Print providers are doing to grow their recurring revenues with more pages under contract.
Here are 7 ways you can make an immediate impact on your MPS business results!
- Focus on Color Pages – The typical page printed in color is worth roughly 8 – 10 times the amount of a black and white impression. Color profits are much bigger too; especially with new extended yield aftermarket color toner. If you’re looking to grow your top and bottom line fast, color is the place to be.
- Showcase MPS on Your Website – Most dealers get 2,000 – 6,000 visits to their website per month. That’s between 100 and 300 hits per working day! When people come to your website to place a service call or read your blog, is it obvious that you’re in the Managed Print business? Is there a compelling reason to engage you? Do you have online lead generation offers?
- Refocus Your Salespeople – Sometimes we all get scrambled trying to keep up with customer demands and the latest “top priority” in the office. Whether you provide extra Managed Print sales training, or you review your competitor’s websites, focus really does drive results.
- Target Specific Accounts – Rather than trying to sell Managed Print Services to any account, determine where your most obvious opportunities are and target those accounts with a specific MPS marketing campaign.
- Financial Incentives – Most salespeople are motivated by money. If you put additional money on the line for them to go after the specific market or customer profile you want, you may be surprised at how money can buy happiness.
- Get an Outside Opinion – If they change the coach every few years in professional sports, maybe it’s time to bring in an outside opinion to sense check if the plays you’re running are working; from sales, to service, to infrastructure.
- Certified Pre-Owned Printers – The beautiful part about installing a CPO printer is that you can save money on the hardware and immediately quote and sell the customer aftermarket color toner. When you sell a brand new printer your customer is forced to use OEM parts and toner for at least 6 – 12 months which can eat into your profits.
See something you like in this list? Ask your teammates at LMI Solutions for help if you need it – we’re ready when you are!