In business, timing is everything! If you’re a reseller of toner products there’s never been a better time to expand your offerings to include remanufactured toner cartridges. The opportunities for managed print in SMB are plentiful, technology has made execution much easier and the new quality standards of remanufactured toner and printers has risen to and above OEM levels. Add that to a recovering economy where many companies are looking to reduce costs and their carbon footprint and you can see why adding remanufactured products can be the perfect business solution for you and your customers!
Here’s a few compelling reasons remanufactured toner cartridges have become so popular:
• Growth in Managed Print Services – Without a doubt, the MPS market is growing. In fact a recent survey by the Photizo Group found that 72% of small to medium businesses currently have no MPS programs in place. That’s a lot of opportunity below the enterprise level. Grow new revenue streams with high-margin remanufactured mono and color toner in your MPS program!
• Quality of Remanufactured Toner Cartridges is No Longer an Issue – The resurgence of decentralized printing has created rapid growth of desktop printing; hence the huge demand for an affordable alternative to expensive OEM cartridges. For today’s end user, quality control and new levels of product technology have exponentially increased the quality of output remanufactured cartridges can deliver in monochrome and color.
• Use of Color has Skyrocketed – The appeal of color continues to be the preferred version of printed documents in business. To accommodate the growing demand, higher quality remanufactured color toner alternatives provide a very compelling reason (and much lower cost-per-page) for making more documents produced in color vs. black and white. Plus, when you can achieve longer color page yields in MPS programs and lower your cost per page by 40-50%, remanufactured color toner is now gaining the same acceptance that monochrome toner has at both the reseller and end user levels.
• Manufacturer Distribution Policy Changes - On November 1st, the industry’s biggest name in office printing put more stringent rules in place for dealers reselling their OEM toner products. Other manufacturers are showing signs of “channel distribution rightsizing” and are likely to follow. This is a huge opportunity for toner resellers to protect your business with a strong remanufactured alternative. This will allow you to grow your margins and win new business from your competitors who are slower to add an aftermarket alternative before it’s too late!
• Huge Profit Margin in Mono and Especially Color – As the price (and margins) of hardware continue to decline, selling remanufactured toner cartridges offer resellers a great opportunity to recover high margins within their portfolio. With an average of 40-50% more gross profit compared to OEM consumables, you can offer your best customers a price break and still have plenty of margin to add to your own bottom line. That’s a win-win!
If you're currently selling OEM toner products, now may be the perfect time to learn more about remanufactured toner options and how other resellers are leveraging with LMI Solutions. With the opportunity of recurring profitability as BIG as it is, maybe now is the time to rethink your toner strategy for 2015?
Click to learn more about your potential as our partner with the 2014 LMI News!